Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bad Juju in Diaper Land- CuteyBaby Review

It is a very bad, no good, awful, horrible day.

Among: dying cell phones, Mac Guys who told me my data would transfer to a new phone (it did not), snot nosed baby, hot button political debate, I also had to deal with a leaky diaper.

Of all those things it is the leaky diaper that has my blood boiling. I love that we Cloth Diaper. It is so much easier, cheaper, cuter than those stinky disposables (yeah I actually think the gel on disposables smells bad). In our hectic house we need to KNOW that we can trust our diapers. Leaking is something we overcame when Miss S was a newborn and so pee dripping out the sides of diapers today became the straw that smashed the camels back.

I am not sure of the Internet-correctness of a scathing review but since no one is paying me for reviews I am going to let it all hang out!

I found this new-ish company CuteyBaby and bought a few diapers from them. They are some of the most adorable CD's I have seen.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The company also had an interesting twist to the AIO (All-In-One for the diaper newbies) design. They have removable tabs for better washing and the "insert" is attached- again for ease in washing.

The first two sets I bought were too large for Miss S. That would be fine since well- babies grow! I really still loved the prints and the unique design so I bought some in the proper size.

Once washed the inserts did not fully fit inside and left about a 1/2" gap where her pee just leaked straight through. Plus the removable Velcro tabs are so strong that when I took one off to prep for the wash it pulled the opposite side of the Velcro up.

Just sitting on the floor Miss S leaked through a brand new diaper.

Which as I was staring at my broken cell phone, wet cat (oh yeah the damn cat fell in tub!), and hearing some ridiculous political commentary sent me over the edge.

After eating 4 (yikes!!!) chocolate peanut butter cookies I calmed down, stopped my facebook/twitter triad and realized there is a lesson learned; or maybe a lesson reminded.

Lesson: Next time I have the urge for darling pink diapers, I will remember that cute is not always functional!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site. Sorry you didn't find my review of this diaper before you bought it. I was also drawn in by the cute prints. The owner of the company was very nice & sent me some other versions she was working on.. but none of them worked for us. I'll stick to Rumparooz next time I want a cute print :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh Rumparooz- I have heard good things. I should give those a try:)

    ReplyDelete